View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Lurker

[QUOTE=bear;40302]I dont get it guy's! if you want a "dirt racing kart" why not just get one? instead of investing so much time and money in a project, like this that could backfire on you! and leave you with a busted buggy. IMO these machines where made for wood's and trails, not "flat tracking". I live in an area with lots of dirt kart tracks and those machines are posted for sale all over CL & ebay and the prices are comparable to our buggys! not ripping on ya, just wondering why???[/QUOTE

I understand, and agree. We are going to great lengths to create a racing kart that already exists and is very well refined. BUT, they didn't get that way without innovation and experimentation. We have found a great family place to race the buggy and everyone has great fun. The track owner decided to go with the buggy as he felt it offered a new and unexplored territory for racing.
Not to mention all in all fairly cheap on replacement parts and availability.

For the last two years they have remained bone stock, and he only allowed suspension mods, this year we can mod the motor and anything we want except change the sprocket tooth count. I know we can drop on a big bore kit and all the other stuff, BUT, that is what everyone else will do.......I want to beat everyone else....LOL
10 wins in 2013