View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Supporting Vendor

All the yerfs were imported from China. The difference is, prior to sams club selling them they were made in the USA. Sam's Club versions were complete from China. Several ways to tell the difference is by the Made in USA sticker on it as well as the brush guard was fastened with standard SAE bolts, the welds on the frame were complete all the way around the tube. All the tubing, components and drive train come from China. Yerf would then weld the frames and totally assemble them here in the US. The ones from Sam's Club used all metric bolts, cheaper wiring as well as connectors and the frame welds were mostly not welded completely around the tubing. The quality control was non-existent and many were returned to the local sams club where they would just either refund or exchange with the customer. Sam's club would then ship the broken buggies back to Yerf. Not sure of the shape of Yerf Dog prior to the Sam's Club deal but when they imported the complete buggy from China and Sam's Club policies, that put them out of business. Like I said in my last post I had placed an order with a particular Sams Club for either a blue or green one in time for Christmas. I was talking to someone at work who knew the manager at the Sam's club I ordered from and when I talked to him which turns out he worked for the airport I worked at as an operations supervisor during the day and Sam's in the evening, he showed me a room with about 60 buggies with everything from broken frames, hubs, axles that were going to be shipped back to Yerf for credit. He said there policy was if it breaks they do an exchange but if it breaks again a refund would be offered if the customer wanted a refund. He told me that they were currently looking for another line to replace the yerfs with for all the problems they were having out of them. Wasn't long after Yerf went bankrupt and was liquidated.