View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default modified kid's buggy into adult size with build photo's

When you get stuff for basically free I have to make it into something to have fun on Here's another contraption I turned into a "FUN MACHINE" for the family & friends.I took this in on a trade for my labor along with a really small kid's kart for my grandson. Those of you that know me thru this site know I love a challenge. First off I'll warn anyone wanting to make a conversion of this type- The Chinese are in such a hurry with their low-cost product QUALITY isn't to be expected! Could not believe how crooked the chassis was, trying to modify this was a challenge-that said it was a fun build. Got this on 5-6-2020 and worked on it off & on till now. Of course it has my powerplant of choice '86 Honda TRX200SX purchased off e-bay ($300.).The video pretty well explains what I did-Replaced the rusted out bottom frame work, I stretched it 8",raised the rollcage 5",stretched/beefed up the swingarm for the TRX200Sx engine.I made some aluminum adapters for the front wheels from 3 bolt to 4. I was given a racing kart that was in good shape so I robbed the 1-1/4"axle & components, added 2 new 4" on 4" hubs from BMI($68.), a new 39tooth sprocket from Speedway motors ($52.). I bought a like new used John Deere Gator shift cable off E-bay ($30.) and a stock reverse cable for the TRX200 ($21.). A free bucket seat from Craig's list, the new wheels & tires,brake master from a GXSR foot brake & Harley shocks also came from a purchase off Craig's list ($150.) other than consumables (approx.$30.)(total $651.) I have another CHEAP TOY! I'm sure I'll have to buy something else in the future.I have some more free 3/16" diamond plate aluminum sheets for a body/fenders/skidpan/ect.... Enjoy the vid's- hope it explains most of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLM5bUlhAp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6mw2e_dVo&t=7s

Last edited by metalstudman1; 05-31-2020 at 11:42 PM.