View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

I have had a few customers purchase parts for their carbides and have not heard of anything for the cvt not fitting, but that doesn't mean some changes weren't made to the engine type used. The problem with the Roketa's 150 has been the larger bo;t pattern of the cylinder/ head studs but everything else works on them. I had to replace cases on 3 customers who sent their Roketa motors for me to build due to the larger stud patters and also the normal GY6 crank uses the same size bearings on both ends of the crankshaft whereas the Roketa has 2 different size bearings, and their cases are stamped 157PMJ so maybe they again changed engine type again. I am thinking that these companies are getting smart and using engines that require you to go to them for parts just like the auto industry. I am trying to find just what the differances are in the JL1P57F as compared to the 157QMJ. As far as jetting goes, if you install a UNI and open up the exhaust for better breathing you would want to use a 125 jet. This will give you a nice brown color to the plug. Without a cam anything larger you will be running rich. TOM