View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Heavy Contributor

I hope we're not hijacking your thread TK but these are the sort of brainstorming discussions I really enjoy.
As I see it all these sort of HP producing add-on's, Nos, Turbos, SC's and FI's all run into the same problem on a gy6. It's a general lack of power. With the Nos, SC and the FI it's a lack of electric power needed to run the systems. The hurdle with the FI is lack of amps required to power a suitable fuel pump to produce the pressures needed. The NOS would require some sort of regulated fuel supply as well. The SC would require a large amp draw to power the blower. Some would say simply add a high output stator. Yep, that might do it but what would you have left to power lights and stuff. plus that stator uses extra HP to spin so you get into this circle of using HP to gain HP and after doing the math what have you gained other than a hole in the wallet.
Even with a turbo, though it's considered free HP being driven off the exhaust you still need a regulated fuel supply. This also would require a pressurized fuel system in order to regulate properly and accurately. Plus the cost of a custom turbo system may not be a good percentage of cost verses gain.
The invent of a 2amp fuel pump capable of producing 20PSI would be a serious game changer.