View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Heavy Contributor

LOL. No high jacking. Was just wondering if anyone has went to any extra HP, ADD ON's such as NOS, and was there noticeable HP if did so.
Ckau. Yes, I think I know the kits you are talking about. Thanks for the info on that. Pretty simple setup, and pretty cheap also. But is it worth the dmg it could do? unless your drag racing, don't see why would bother.
Was more of a thought of just having NOS on the buggy. But sounds like CKau (done that)
My friend is a machinist. He brought up trying to find a turbo charge for it. If I could find one that would work, he would fab all the pipe for me. He just as curious as me, seeing what can get out of those engines. However, didn't think of the need for some sort of pressurized fuel system.
Looks like the electric Blower could be possible? And it's not that pricey. Well with in budget, just to see if it could be done. I'm sure my buddy, would be all up for the challenge. I do have a 11 pole stator system in my engine.
So for the "y" idea SC on the intake side. You would need to place some type of flap system, to divert the air flow right? Other wise you would lose the boost right?

I have seen videos of guys putting turbos on a 50cc scotter, or mini bikes. talk about a cluster coming out of the engine. Not sure what kind of gain would get out of it.
Would be fun to play with, maybe with one of my older engines.
Just question. How critical is it to have a pressure fuel system? Or some how to regulate it.?
I'm sure it's been done by someone. But question, could you get say, 20 hp out of the engine?
At least, be a fun project to work on, during the winter.