Thread: Newbie??'s
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:59 PM

I've gotten parts from them before. No problems thus far.

Kit looks to be a nice set for the price. Might be worth trying?

The beauty of these karts is pricing. Get a set of 20's and 22 rear tires. Remove 4 nuts and you can swap out a tire in seconds.

CAUTION: The valve springs seem to be a weak point for me at least. I've had valve to piston contact on 2 occasions now. Even with performance rated springs (NCY brand)

If he's going to be doing donuts watch the high RPM. The springs are weak and the valves float. When they float, you get contact.

That's why the "no rev limiter" CDI can be dangerous. And Tom from Syc powersports got me a set of American made quality valve springs.

You can also adjust gearing on these things too. Either by using different sprockets on the drive side, or the gears on the internal part. Really quite easy to swap. The Yerf does have good bottom end gearing stock already. I've found by installing a larger axle sprocket, RPM goes way up, and top speed is severely reduced in my kart.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........