View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:47 AM
Contributor

Well i also changed mine lastnight. It came off failry easy. I thought it may be a hassle from what Slestak said, but it twisted and slid right off. Grooves dont seem to be much different from what i recall.

I also swapped out the rollers to 10/12 sliders. Hoping this will work out good for what i want. I guess we will see, as i also had some cheap looking 8g rollers come in from Northwest Buggy Parts.

I was going to test her out, but i stripped the nut holding the clutch bell on and will have to grab another one at the hardware store today. Glad i picked up a set of craftsman stripped bolt removers a while back. So when i go home today i will put the jackstands underneath her and leave the cover off to see how far up the belt travels. It didnt look to me like the belt came up much on the variator at all, or maybe it was just due to the short ride previously.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust