View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Default problem found

I found the problem for the low compression today when I tore her down. look at the center of the piston in the pics. I dont think that hole is supposed to be there, also the rings and piston shows like the oil has never been changed. It was low in oil when I brought it home. about 10 ounces. could have been a combo of both of these. who knows? this ride looked like it had been rode hard and not taken care of, but like a old stray dog, I took it in at a price. LOL I will and suggest next time if I plan on buying another cart, I will carry my compression gauges with me and check it before buying. I will tell them the acceptable compression would be between 130 to 150 psi, if told it is running good. If it has a problem at least you will know its not a compression issue. If they will not let you check it, I would pass on it. Check one of the earlier post I put on this thread for a cheap compression tester. For $20 on sale price, its all you will need. It may even save you lots of money on the buying price. You can buy all the add ons in the world and it will not help you without good compression. zman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helix compression problem 001.jpg (96.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg helix compression problem 002.jpg (85.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg helix compression problem 003.jpg (81.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg helix compression problem 004.jpg (86.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg helix compression problem 005.jpg (87.8 KB, 21 views)