View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

Oil fouling can be caused by several things with running hot being one of them, but usually you will see some scuffing of the cylinder and or piston as well. Over heating the rings can cause them to loose its spring making them brittle but usually as previously stated you will also see some scoring or scuffing to piston, cylinder or both. The other reason for the rings to fail is dirt injested into intake due to either dirty filter or airbox leak.All it takes is about 1 hour to wipe out the rings when dirt is injested. The seals are standard, they are used on many gearboxes. We had BAE conveyors at my old job which some of the gearboxes used the seal you are looking for. BAE conveyors are world wide also used in Canada. You will need to go to a regular bearing supply where all they carry are bearings and seals. Auto parts stores will not have them. I cannot imagine a bearing & seal supplier would not be able to get them since they are not only used on the Chinese engines but also on many many gear boxes. You will pay a premium price from these suppliers but they should have them. Many people will not ship to Canada since it could be a pain to ship there and will cost much more than if you can purchase locally. If you just cannot find one than PM me and I can get one to you.Although I do not sell the carbide line I have worked on them and they were all GY6 engines. If you look just under the cvt cover right below the filtered intake there will be a flat boss on the very bottom side of the case and there you will find the serial # as well as engine type, it should have stamped 157QMJ right above the serial number. Check and let us know. The jets you ordered are for a slide carb. Keihin only makes slide carbs however many CV carbs which you have will have Keihin on then since they make many of the CV carbs on contract for various manufacturers. The jets you need will be for a CV carb. Check those engine numbers than if you have any problems finding the parts than you can PM me and well get you what you need but as I said the shipping will be the killer so you will be better off trying to locate the parts locally. TOM