View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Power User

So the S-thing has taken up residence in the garage. Now have 3 buggies and two cars crammed in there!

Hit the recycling yard yesterday for some parts picking and brought home a Polaris that I may use for it instead of the Suzuki.

suzuki method would be a straight cut down the middle of the suzuki frame and welding either side to the side of the front end of the Sunl. That will require a complete redesign of the steering layout.

The polaris method would be to use the polaris struts and lower arms, alignment to the stock steering would be pretty close. Since the lower arms are much longer than the Sunl's, the strut top position would need to be lower and kicked outward more. (this would put the droop where i want it and add a lot of clearance) 1 strut tube has a big ding in it up top, so it will need a replacement.

Polaris is a 2wd with and F-N-R gearbox still on it. There's another, exact same model with engine sitting atop their heap. My "guy in the yard" has been holding it for another guy for 2 months now.

The sunl was rolled, rear main cross bar has a bit of a bend to it at the end--nothing that will give any issues. It's a pretty solid unit. rear axle is straight and very good quality, and the swingarm is really stout. If i could find another of these rear ends, i'd use it for the rockhound. The main frame also has a second swingarm mount hole down lower that will add more clearance. going to go with that position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (53.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (39.7 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (38.7 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (41.1 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 05-30-2012 at 06:54 AM.