View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Power User

Had some "fun" to deal with ... must've been a Friday shift that built this buggy! After setting the left front up, I matched the cuts and grinds on the right to it. ... Only to find that the curved main front tube on the Sunl is mounted further inboard on the right side and the angled "vertical: tube is mounted farther forward.

To keep the front and rear track on center and square is requiring what would appear to be offset installation of the quad frame parts. pictures show the difference. To make it look somewhat decent, i had to ditch the idea of blending the tubing from the quad into the Sunl frame (basically cut off and threw away several hours of grinder finessing) and am using plate and gussets to tie it together an make it look somewhat even.

to tie the huge gap into the frame, I resorted to welding in a piece of 3/4" square tube (once again it's old Yerf parts to the rescue --a chunk of seat mount tube ) alongside the curved sunl tube that I can tie the quad frame solidly to. It'll be hidden by a piece of triangular plate front and rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunl_002.jpg (36.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg sunl_003.jpg (28.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg sunl_004.JPG (93.5 KB, 13 views)