View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Power User

Got the seat in, I think i may tweak the back part of the cage roof (inverted "T" area) as head clearance with the seat all the way back is a little close (about 3 inches). Also made and installed the rear shock mounts. Got lucky and made a major score so I'll be able to take the rockhound's podiums for this and don't need to rebuild a backup pair of podiums.

Sacrificed a work day (meh, it was too flippin cold to dig and set some footers) and made some "boxes" to convert the quadrunner front end over to heim joints. Got the first side done.

At the moment, final product looks rough, but they'll get shaped--lower already is done and looks much nicer.

My buddy at HPVE is making some 22mm OD threaded bungs for the heims--they fit into the tube where the ball joints were. Can't get the 22mm OD and 12mm x 1.25 anywhere unless i start stealing and cutting up everyone's yerf steering rack shafts (ironically, they're perfect) Almost scored some with Travis at BD, from when they setup the fixtures to redo the yerf racks with the extra teeth (I may have to get me one of those, because my handmade deal is getting pretty sloppy) but he couldn't find the remains of the racks they sacrificed.

Once i get the bungs and hi misalignment inserts (free from Steinjager from my contest entry) I'll be able to setup the heim position then the front shock mounts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (30.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (38.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (34.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (29.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 05.jpg (40.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 06.jpg (41.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 07.jpg (37.6 KB, 14 views)