View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 PM

The live axle convert is fairly straight forward. Kart sites sometimes have a full kit with bearings and hubs. I would go no less than 3/4" shaft, 1" if you plan to add a swing arm or more engine.

TAV units are fairly cheap as well, beware the chinese knock offs though, as the service parts don't exist. TAV choice comes down to engine choice and output. If you retain the Briggs, then a TAV2 or 20 series should do well, even with some engine mods. This will be the biggest improvement overall.

You can get by without a full roll cage, but you need at least a main hoop a bit taller than your head, for obvious reasons. That and a good harness should take care of the safety side. The seat is purely your choice. Yerf seats are pretty plentiful, and easy to adapt, but not the most comfortable. I will be looking for a replacement for both buggies soon.

The rear suspension is pretty straight forward. The front can be really tricky to start from scratch.

Brakes are pretty simple to add on as well, and relatively cheap. I would look at a hydraulic set up, simple and really flexible with mounting and plumbing.

A co-worker asked if I want a large frame kart his neighbor wants to off load for $20. As much as I would like to get it, I don't have a clue what I would do with it, or where I would put it.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'