Thread: 30mm carb
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Heavy Contributor

Yeah, not sure when or how the connector ripped, as I had under 48 miles or so total on the buggy and less with the 30mm setup. I did notice that it still bogs a little in neutral, but under load seems to rip like crazy. I'm putting my problems down to that leak. I COULD NOT GET IT TO JET RIGHT. The crazy thing about the tear in the connector is that you couldn't see it from looking at it. spraying carb cleaner didn't get through, nothing. I was twisting the carb to get at the bowl and hadn't loosened the clamp enough and bingo there it was! Since I've eliminated the leaks she's running like a champ. I love the 4-valve and if you can find a source for the valve cover bolts I'll give you a brand new 4 valve head for FREE just missing one cover bolt. I got frustrated looking for them and just bought another head. Lemme know.. The head is a ruima, but also sold as Hoca.. I got it from provoscooter, but seeing as they took 6 months to get me the "included" long cylinder studs, I'd look elsewhere.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B

Last edited by wildbob; 04-22-2014 at 11:57 AM.