Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum - View Single Post - New here stationed in Norfolk, Virginia
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 12:51 AM
Contributor

Welcome to your new hobby and thanks for your service. They are lots of upgrades you can do, it just depends on your wallet and or time. My son also has a Kandi buggy, but it's a 110cc.
I believe the Kandi 200cc is a GY6 150 with a big bore kit already on it. So you should save some money there.
If your just trying to add top speed, you can go to a heavier roller or slider weight. But you'll lose some low end grunt. I ride mostly trails in the woods and mountains, so I like more power on the low end.
The first thing most people do is remove the factory airbox and filter. Then upjet the carburetor and add a performance air filter like uni or k&n. You can also install a 6" velocity stack and that will help too. You can look up redneck intake and go to your local home depot or Lowes to get the pieces too.
Then there's also performance exhausts, clutch springs, main springs, or a performance clutch. Some people upgrade the CDI's and coil. Beware though, some of the eBay performance CDI's & coils are junk.
Better tires can make a big difference over most stock tires.
I'm sure there's plenty more, but it's late and I'm on my phone typing this. Good luck and have fun.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD

Last edited by EVILWS6; 11-30-2018 at 10:11 AM.