View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 09:06 PM
Lurker

I went ahead and ordered a new carb, fuel line and filters. I got the new carb installed and it was running a lot better but still cutting out some. I replaced the fuel line from the tank to the filter with a clear yellow 1/4 tube. Fuel flow seemed to be the issue. The fuel filter is kind of big but it's clear also and was not filling the filter full. I opened the float bowl drain and that helped fill the filter and seems to stay full running it now. The tank and cap seems to seal and didn't know if it needed to be vented? I would think so... I've just left the cap on loose.
Exhaust seems to be okay.
I pulled the side cover off and belt looked new. the clutch and variator looked good also.
The guy I bought it from said he put different weights in it to make it faster. The old ones looked good and round and I put them back in since it's running in the grass and some hills.
The buggy seems to be running pretty good now as the grand kids and theirs friends ran it most of the day Monday. It even pulls me, 6'4" & 285lbs, around pretty well.

I still have not found the short causing the fuse to blow going to starter. I just have to jump the starter solenoid to start it. But at least it's running finally.

Hoping to track down the short my next days off, Sunday and Monday. Also adding new lights as one is broken off and the other the lens is broken.

Thanks for all the help! It is Greatly Appreciated !

Last edited by Papa Tom; 07-21-2020 at 09:10 PM.