View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Lurker

thanks for the info. i have some more questions. i looked online quite a bit for a diagram or video for installation on the carb. there was quite a few but didn't really show well where to put all the vacuum and fuel lines. i think i got it all figured out except where the float bowl drain hose goes to? (that's the one on the bottom of the carb correct?) i saw a hose in the front of the engine right behind the seats hanging out, is that where the float bowl drain hose goes? would've been alot easier for me if they left the carb on. :P anyways, i saw on the manual i download it was saying to use 10w-30. what oil do you recommend specifically? still waiting for the battery, hopefully will get it tomorrow then i'll try to start it up. got the intake manifold on and was curious about the airbox. saw quite a few guys have the cai with a cone or something similar. is that better then the standard airbox? i live in arizona with heat and dust so wasn't sure. being in the heat does that matter with the type of oil? i've looked at the websites you linked which will be a big help. i am thinking of just redoing all the electrical because all of the plastic clips on them fall apart when i touch them so was wondering if they sell a kit for all of the electrical or just have to buy seperately? didn't see a pkg deal for it. thanks again for all your help. i'll keep researching and look into more things and try not to overload with too many questions.