View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 08:59 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1134 View Post
I have a TrailTech also, but I still run my temp sensor below the crush ring. Has anyone else heard of or done this?
From what I understand that is the normal thing to do. The sensor replaces the washer. However, the washer does look thinker then the sensor. But since the washer compresses, it could be fine. So you have no performance difference while using the sensor, and the washer?

It makes since that there could be a slightly more movement in the displacement when the rpm's get in the higher rpm range. The dog has been in the shed most the winter while working on it. So been running and tuning it while on jake stands. (no load) So actual driving with 200lbs, I might not even get into that high of RPM's. However, guess there is a few things I can try. replace the sparkplug without using the sensor, and with the correct washer. See if same issue is there. Also, give good test run while i'm in it. See if issue is still there. But i dont want to get rid of the sensor. I'm not sure where I can get a 10mm washer thin enough to clear the problem. But still stay within its normal hight.