View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 04:59 PM
Contributor

I'm going for decent low-end grunt without losing too much of the high-end. I don't need the thing to do 50 mile an hour but I'd like to maintain about 30 ish.
During hunting season it'll be used for scouting and hunting not super rugged terrain but it needs to have some torque to get around through the trails.
When it's not hunting season it'll be a little fun buggy for my kids.
I live up in northern Arizona which is high desert and mountains. There is not a lot of flat ground mostly low hills.
From everything I had read an A12 seem to be about what I wanted to go with to get the best of both worlds teamed up with probably 12 Gram sliders.

That teamed up with the 155cc kit and a cleaned-up head should give me just about what I'm after for now.
I'm planning to gut the stock exhaust that's on it if it's not already but leave a nipple at the end to attach an additional Muffler when I'm using it for hunting to quiet it back down. That way when I'm not hunting I can enjoy the sound and not have a pissed-off bumblebee LOL

Like I said I just read a few places that you couldn't use the a12 cam on the 1p heads but nobody really said for sure why and I had seen a couple of posts that said they had the 1p motor and use the a12 just fine but not A9 through A11.