View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Carter Brothers Interceptor GTR 250

These are a great machine. The shining star on these is in fact the SYM 250cc powerplant. Where most 250's are about a 14hp engine, the SYM pushes 20hp and gobs of torque across the board. This machine features an independent rear suspension and a strut based front end. Overall build quality of the machine is not really any better than any of the other China built machines with typical China tolerances however the performance of these mini buggies throws in a Trump card that will overshadow any of it's imperfections.

They could stand to have a larger brake system and I am surprised that despite the overall large size of this machine, the interior room isn't much better than any of the other buggies. Still, for someone my size, there is plenty of room. If you are a big guy, this may not be the machine for you. Look for a Tiburon 400 instead.

One notable downside to this machine is the cost for a lot of the parts is high, when compared to others, and availability is a luck-of-the draw situation. For example, if you want mud flaps for it at the time of this writing, they are on back order for at least a month. In addition, you can't always get through to Carter when you need to. You may call for support or parts and have to leave your name and number only to NEVER be called back. If you do get through to them, they are pretty great to deal with. They would rather you go through their network of dealers which I personally don't care to have to do. There are however a lot of dealers so getting parts that are in stock is pretty easy.

This machine is currently the Track Attack record holder across the board at the time of this writing. (mnd you, the Pilot never got tested and surely would be the king)

Pros: Awesome, powerful, dependable engine.

Cons: Could benefit from better brakes and long travel suspension especially in the front. Service/Parts can be difficult to get a hold of. Price. These machines are expensive. Size. Won't fit in the back of a pickup or on narrow trails.

Buggymasters Overall Rating: 8 out of 10