View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Heavy Contributor

yep just like X-bird said, the oil controls the rebound damping. If I jump on the buggy there is damping but I can here the cavitation in the shocks, it's as if the Chinese did not fill them to the proper levels and air is mixed in. A few guys said they took out the Chinese oil, about 100ml and had to put back in 200ml, so that goes to show how much they filled them. I knew all this before I bought them so it's nothing unexpected.

As you know oil does not really compress, so the air is what compresses when the shock piston rod inters the shock body. There is a bladder that separates the gas side from the oil side. If there is air mixed in with the oil, no matter how much you put in the nitro side (they are only rated up to a certain PSI), the air that is mixed with the oil will compress also throwing off the compression damping basically making it easier to bottom out. Before I get them charged with nitro I would like to get the oil side good to go.

These shocks are fully rebuildable, so that's a plus in my book.

X-bird what do you mean by "switching outside of a shock oil is not generally isn't recommended"?
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.

Last edited by T3beatz; 05-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.