View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Wink Franken-buggy #3

I'm attemping to build another FUN MACHINE While I wait on many parts/tooling for my other projects. As I'm cleaning up my junk pile I saw potential to create another buggy with what I think is a working combination of left-over parts. Here's what I'm using.I got an early DF Moto/Cazador 200cc chassis that was given to me when I bought a 300cc Kawasaki motor for a friend's build ($60.motor, buggy chassis-FREE!).Of course the buggy was pretty trashed/DONE. I was also given a rolling 90's Club Car DS golf cart, I already used the front end parts on the Black Yerfdog Spiderbox & it had the CVT differential left over. The golf cart rear end has a driven clutch & reverse is built into the differential as it turns out -it works with the Polaris motor if I turn the differential around backwards, I'm thinking this shouldn't matter. I sold a decent running 91' Polaris 250 2-stroke($250.) I pulled from a neighbors 6-wheeler & I swapped it out with one of my 86' Honda TRX200SX engines for easier functionality for him(he has disabilities). The guy that bought the motor out of the Polaris didn't see a way for it to work with his mini Nascar's so he went a with a different power plant and asked me if I wanted to buy it back along with a 90's Polaris Trail Boss (missing plastics & needed a lot of repairs) of course I was interested as the Polaris front ends are what my 2 other Franken-Buggies use. He offered all of it for his original $250. investment -So I got 2 running 250cc 2-stroke motors, near complete Trail Boss- I couldn't get there quick enough.
Here's pic's of what I going to combine. The buggy came with the axle in the seat (ruined) so a replacement or alternative was needed if this kart was going to drive again.The golf cart rear end meets all the needs & it's not too narrow(40" hub to hub) like an ATV rear axle(32" hub to hub)-I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner:-it has brakes,differential with reverse all in one unit.Don't know how fast it'll go(at least 20mph) but I'm going to find out if it'll go faster. The CVT in the GY6/scooter motors has always failed at climbing our hills but this CVT should be big enough.Hope this build will inspire someone else to re-purpose/recycle your junk instead of it landing in the landfill.I'm hoping I can stay around $500! Investment so far
$250. motor & chassis, rear brake pads $30., new rear tires/rims $60. = $340. total so far
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wide kart 003.jpg (62.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg wide kart 001.jpg (54.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg wide kart 002.jpg (56.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (6).jpg (61.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (4).jpg (41.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (38.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (52.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (30.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by metalstudman1; 04-28-2021 at 09:57 PM.