View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 08:41 PM
Heavy Contributor

Talking Motor build "Project: Type 86"

The Type 86 is a Chinese hand grenade, and I couldn't think of a more fitting name for my motor build project. It's still in it's infancy, but the goal is to scratch build a motor for my buggy with 62mm jug, and 8mm of stroke, four valve Taida head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston, forged Taida 8200 KDU crank, full Dr. Pulley kit for the CVT. My biggest worry is the gearbox. I have only the basic idea of where all the bits go, and I peeked in my whole motor which promptly puked it's tranny gears everywhere, so it's go big or go home at this point First off, yes, I know this motor is going to blow up.. This is why I'm not using my current (and now trannyless) trailmaster motor. Plus since it's new, shiny, and clean, I can build it inside where it's warm I may go with a 11 pole stator as well, as I'm thinking of going water cooled at some point and would need extra juice for pumps and fans. High power starter and accessories as well. I'll also be using the Taida case side with the oil cooler ports and their oil cooler with the Koso high volume oil pump.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B

Last edited by wildbob; 10-30-2015 at 08:54 PM.