View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 08:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plee911 View Post
SYCARMS
I have read a lot of good stuff about the Chroma paint.

Its just too pricey right now

NEO

As far as painting 2 tractors for that I can believe it.

Im just being cautious because of all the tubing.
Painting tubing has a lot more wasted paint than other surfaces.

Plan is to use a good automotive self etching primer should run me about $30
Good automotive grade paint will run me around $45 for the 3 base coats of coyote tan and the grey and black patches that will get 2 coats each.
Then top her off with 3 coats of 2K automotive clear coat that will run me about $30

I have done a couple of simple paint jobs on motorcycle tanks and bicycles for my kids and they came out pretty good doing it that way.

Like I said before im not going for a professional grade paint job just one that will last a bit and meet the needs I have planned for buggy.

If things end up the way I want I will be going to a bigger buggy in a year or 2 for me anyway so it will end up as a kids/wife's buggy.

If by then the paint hasn't held up very well then I can look at more durable options, because by then the ones using it will want it a different color anyway lol.

The primary users right now are me and my 2 oldest daughters. I want the subdued color for hunting and they love camouflage so its a win/win.

When I move up to a bigger buggy the primary users will be my youngest daughter who loves yellow and purple and my wife who loves dark green and dark blue.
So there will be no telling what kind of paint job will end up on it other than that they both hate camouflage and will want it changed lol

So my aim right now is good paint job with low cost.
Get one of those touchup guns from Harbor Freight, their cheap and work great. You will get a smaller fan spray and it will use half the paint as compared to a full sized gun.