Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum - View Single Post - TM 150 xrx won't start
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggyboy2018 View Post
No I don't have any spares. I thought since I was getting spark that it meant the cdi was working properly but this is my first buggy so I'm still learning. I'm going to order one right now and see if that works. Thank you!
Like neo stated in this thread, a bad coil can still spark but still be the issue. Coil's and CDI's are known to go bad, sometimes without any warnings. That's why it's always good to have spares of these. I keep several for each of my buggies in a small supply box with the toolbox when I go riding for those just in case moments. I would rather do this than not be riding for the rest of the time I'm out.
I usually bring a lot of other items like stuff for tires, hoses, spark plugs, wiring, connectors, master links, carb kits and parts, etc... you get the picture. Over a decade of riding mini buggies I started to collect extra stuff, and it has saved others and myself from being down on some trips. This is just things I've learned to do. I've also learned that the mini buggy community is very helpful and I have tried to do the same when I can. Sometimes it will take searching and reading to locate a similar issue and fix, other times it may take someone a while to respond to one's problem. But usually you'll get help from this community.
The thing about this hobby is you have to not mind having to tinker or fix things. Stuff is going to break along the way, and there can be a small learning curve. So just be prepared for this. And with this being your first buggy, welcome and have fun.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD