View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
My only comment to make on the starter type setup is whether the electrical system you have can take the draw. on flat stuff i don't think it's an issue, but if you have to back out of a hole or back up a bank off the trailside (been there, done both) I don't think the electric type will handle it unless you have big cables and a big amp battery.
I'm not sure where that second sentence came from in the quote, but its pretty close, lol.

I had not looked that far into the future about the electric reverse, but I do have a spankin' new group 35 battery(525CCA) on the self, so it can be an option. Cables are pretty cheap, even if you make your own. Guy at my shop bought the battery relocation kit for an S2000 for less than $30 with terminals, add an old school ford truck solenoid, and I'm set. The one thing I think might sink the boat is that the ring gear, at least the Briggs engines, is part of the cast iron flywheel. I don't want that added rotating mass.

I am starting to research starter and ring gear options. I THINK I might be ok with a 4 cylinder starter and ring gear given the gear ratios already in place, but can't be 100% till its tested. Right now, I am focused on throttle and brake lines, and getting the jackshaft built. Then a booty hole puckering test drive.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'