View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Lurker

The Carter GTR 250 is an amazing piece of machinery. I bought one that had been on the showroom floor for a couple of years and had rot problems with the CV boots and the rack boots which i paid to replace. At the time that i did the CV boots i also found that the CV joints were not assembled correctly and had to fix the problem. The current of problem of broken piston ring lands probably had to do with poor octane fuel, I let the grandsons fuel it and I'm sure that they used the lawn mower gas. We laid out a race track behind the house and all the grandsons are learning to drive it. Yes patience is part of the training as we wait for a piston. Tom at syc says that he has come up with one, but if not i will be talking to "bige" who seems to also have a source. The third day of ownership we rolled it and completely crushed the cage and have now fab'd a full race cage (pictures to come some day when i get time). For all the problems i can't think of a better value for a toy such as this. (At one time my wife and I owned two Honda Pilots which were most amazing but also much more expensive) For the money this Carter has Chinese copies of good technology and the SYM motor is nothing but impressive for its power but also excellent machine work. I hope that Carter can get past their problems so that others can enjoy such a toy as this.

As for those who are having other problems, this is what being an off-roader and tinkerer is all about, i.e. creative solutions to impossible problems.

Last edited by cbelk; 09-17-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: spelling