View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Supporting Vendor

The only thing I question is if the the choke is inoperative that would solve the cold start, but it should still idle if temps are relatively warm by you, say above 59deg. and especially when the engine is warm. Does the enrichment valve remain in the rest position. If in the rest position the engine should start good since you will be getting a rich mix. The problem would be when engine is warm you will still be running rich. If valve is stuck in the extended position this will give you a cold start problem. If you have a good blue spark then I would still have to say the problem is with vacume or carb. That is provided you have good compression. Still not sure which method you used to clean the carb, but if it has set up any amount of time it may have to be soaked. Sometimes a gummout product works but other times it does not. The small orifices can be blocked even though the carb looks clean. Did you physically look through the pilot jet to make sure it is clear? Had you checked the air bleed diaphram mounted on right side of carb ? Don't mean to be a pain but manytimes to solve a problem one needs all the info to form a picture of what is lacking. Remember you are there and we are elsewhere so your answers are forming the situation we see. Feel free to give me a call and we can try to solve this problem one on one. It is usually one or more simple things that can be easily missed. 662-301-1563

TOM