View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 07:31 AM
Lurker

I finished building the 180CC engine and everything is back in place. I had a few wiring issues and other teething pains but nothing out of the ordinary. The new engine is definitely much stronger than stock. One immediate way I can tell is it can now propel itself up the ramp onto my workbench where before I had to take a good running start at the ramp to make it. Now that was a dicey proposition.

I have a ported head with larger valves, 63mm cylinder, A12 cam, Mikuni VM26 carb, 8 pole stator, performance CDI and coil, performance clutch and variator, heavy duty starter gear and performance exhaust. I went with a new oil pump cam and oil chains, belt, gaskets, etc. All the bearings were good so they stayed in place.

I'm still tuning the jetting and have worked my way up from a 160 to the current 180. I have a slight bog when I go from part throttle to full throttle but I'm not doing that much since I'm still taking it a bit easy during break-in.

The speedo does not work properly now but I've not had a chance to diagnose it yet.

I had already rebuilt the brakes and fixed a tweak in the front end. For a one year old buggy the previous owner definitely beat the hell out of it.