View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Heavy Contributor

Alright, so everything that was technical went well, except we don't have gasket sealant. -_-

So we tried it without the sealant and it leaked oil, so off to the auto parts store in a few mins. My goal tonight is to get the oil in the box and make sure all the technical stuff in the cvt is set. Tomorrow I'll just get the handle and cable hooked up. Then it's off to riding...sort of. I still need my ball joints...

At one point my dad and I were putting the final gears back in incorrectly LOL. We were putting one part in backwards, so it took us a minute or two, then we got it. Annoying thing was we could have grabbed some sealant while we were out earlier...we had to go out for a few washers to space the gearbox... Oh well. Can't change the past, now can we?

Will post updates later...

Oh! Forget to say while I had the muffler off I sanded some rust off the main body/the chome-ish plates and rustolium (high heat enamel) painted the muffler all black again. Before it was rust colored. LOL

^muffler before

^paint used

^hung out to dry. Looks better in person.

^got the cvt case open

^impact wrenched it and held the clutch with these tong things.

^got the clutch off

^new, longer shaft

^we got a little bit antsy and popped the box on without the chain

and from there we just loosened the chain tensioner, put on the chain, put the final casing back together without the gasket sealant...and then tried to fill it with gear oil. lol. Yea so off to the shop now...
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!