View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFauxFox View Post
The new sprocket is 16t, and the old was 11t. I just loosened the chain tensioner A BUNCH and now I need to tighten it... The funny thing was, when I was spacing out the reverse box, I thought I needed to space my AXLE SPROCKET over. Since everyone was saying "space the sprocket" I didn't know that they were taking about the GEARBOX sprocket. So for about 5 mins my dad and I bickered about that. LOL.
Depending on the length of the output shaft and thickness of your reverse assembly, the drive sprocket may be shifted more to one side. When I swapped in a Tomberlin Punisher reverse assembly, I had to offset the axle sprocket to the left to line up the chain properly.

I did not like the taller gearing that resulted from the 16t drive sprocket change and sold that Spiderbox before my second one that had no reverse. These buggies were so light, I never had problems picking up either end if stuck somewhere. I preferred the low crawler gearing of the 13t drive with 39t axle sprockets, low gear set and torque cam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Engine.jpg (90.7 KB, 8 views)