View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

GOT IT TO WORK! Manually pulled the cable out and revved it slightly and the engine revved for a sec, then the tires squealed and it jerked backwards into reverse. The person pulling the cable said they pulled it all the way out, and as I revved it a little, it then popped back a little further, and worked. Reminds me of jmans issues with blipping it into gear... And ours isn't perfectly straight aligned either. At least we know the gearbox works!

By aligned i mean the two halves of the gearbox btw... I still don't know whats up with the issue with it pulling out like that and then the sudden pent up torque.... And yes, I think I will buy that PROPER cable. I had a strong feeling, but figured I'd give other ways a shot. You simply cannot tension it based on cable length alone, you need the various bits and pieces that go with it, and I don't have those. Overall cost will still be below 175$ but I'm kinda annoyed at all the jerry rigging and hard work, but glad for the experience it gave me...
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!

Last edited by TheFauxFox; 04-08-2014 at 09:40 PM.