View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:05 AM
Heavy Contributor

As stated earlier. After I put high grade Ball joints, "A" Arms, Spindles, And better shocks up front, and bigger tires, was a night and day difference in handling. Some of these items are some of the most costly items to replace on the yerf. But Not crazy. be around $300.00 - $400.00 rough guess. Rear shocks a must. So around $500?? However, once this is done, I would say you have 3/4 of issues taken care of on the yerfdog.
Other safty issue might be the axle. The stock axle is not well built. There is beeffed up ones can get. From BD. They bolt on, however the hub is different size than the stock. So before spending $$$ on new rims and tires, might decide if this is something you want to do first. Something I need to do yet. But as stated, I will need new rims to make it work. So will be down the road. Axle around $150.0 I think.
Then if you go to engine. Exhaust is something to be done, if you want the full power out of the engine. That is one of the bigger $$ items you will buy for it. 200-300.
Upgrade the CVT trani. low cost and big performance difference. If all your clutches are in good shape. Can just lower your Roller wieghts, and will gain better take off.
$25.00 will get you a good set of sliders. 10-13 grams. depending on your driving demands. Lower the wieght, the longer you stay in lower gear, before hitting top speed.
10 grams is lowest you should go, if you still want full top speed.

Not sure what air intake and filter you have, but a aftermarket will be an improvement. You have a new carb. Not sure if a better performance one will help or not. But with better exhaust and carb/intake, might look into rejetting the carb, for best performance.

Then can always go into BB kits. Performance head, and bigger piston kits. Can go from 155cc to 180cc. Anything over the 155cc kit requires boring. I just have the 155cc now. I did notice a good improvement once I upgraded the exhaust. Depending on kits, can get around $200.00 I think. EBAY or AMAZON.

After that, your pretty well set. Ohh. Forgot.. As posted you might look into the beefed up Engine mount. Well, cant forget about the Reverse. When you first buy it, and play with it, you dont think you need it. Yerf's are light, and easy to turn around. However, they have very poor turn radius. And you will be getting out more than you think, the more you drive it. Just guessing, in the end, you will put a reverse on it. Around $300.00.

And thoughts about your 600cc. Well, might do some upgrading to the GY6 first, before scraping it. They are good engines. Very upgradable. And very easy to work on. From the Trani, to the engine. Also, CHEAP!!!! Can buy brand new ones for around $300.00. Shipped. If top half of engine to the piston jug needs replaced, or upgraded, all you need is standard tools. Youtube, can show you how to do it all. Engine, CVT Trani, clutchs, and rebuilding of the carb. If done right, you can get good performance out of the gy6. Fraction of the cost it would take to put in a 600cc. And if the GY6 is done right, not sure you would see that much difference between the 2. Or at least if be worth the work it would take to do a engine Swap.

Sorry for long post. Bored this morning.
There might be other things I could be missing. Or other idea's, but it's a start.