View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDKID View Post
You have a Yerf Dog Spiderbox 3209 , gx150 , 3206 are all the same buggy , except for color , and light location . Early ones had your lower control arms but shorter upper's and spindles for that application only , called Uneven or first generation . Second , and third generation have equal length control arms and stronger spindles , called even type .Your drivers side spindle is a weak first Gen. Spindle , notice how the axle is welded on from the outside . Your drivers side spindle is a stronger second , or third Gen. notice how the axle protrudes through and is welded on the inside . There are three types of ball joints. Original recalled junk ones , replacement ( which you have ) , and Buggy Depot Heavy Duty - THE BEST ! If you were ordering parts for yours , you would want even type third Gen. Spindles . While your at it remove the bolts that secure the bulkhead to the frame , and go to grade eight , and washers on the inside also (not done from the factory and the bolts usually pull through the slots ) meaning the whole front end parts ways.
Awesome this is what I am looking for info wise. So the uneven set-up suspension relates to the A Arms not being the same length corrrect? I dont think that the passenger side spindle is actually a spindle, it looks like somebody welded up some channel and made one, but I could be wrong.

So should I replace the lower A arms to make an even set-up? Should I just replace both spindles as the driver side one looks to be pretty damaged? I can probably welded some gussets in as I have seen in a different thread. The passenger side tire was completely bald indicating that my toe in or some part of the set up was toast. I going to pull everything apart soon and go through the motor and suspension, so just trying to get my ducks in a row.