View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Heavy Contributor

Agree with Oldkid. If your going to put time and money into it. Go with the B.D. Heavy Duty Spindles and Ball Joints. From Buggy Depot. Bought 95% of my Heavy Duty parts from them. Good customer service. They good about helping you out if you got questions. (might take a few days to get back to you. But they will get back). As far as I know, they the only ones that have a Heavy Duty Axle, bolt in replacement. But again, Hubs not same as Stock, so something to look into, before buying rims, if you want to go that direction.
I bought the Front end 3" lift kit from them. And both upper and lower "A" arms. Plus the tie rod ends all at same time. Already had the Heavy ball joints, and spindles on it.

Some wonder, about the Lift kit they offer. But it's just front shocks, and rod extentions, with shock bracket extentions, so everything ties in a little better when putting on larger tires. Shocks are not the best. I happen find a much better set, a month after bought it. But a good starting place, and with the bracket extention, gives you little more options on the size of shocks you can use. Plus have spare set of front shocks if need them.
If You get the spindles. If you can, get upper and lower arms, and ball joints at same time, and lift kit is a 2nd option if you want. And if you can weld, re-inforce the front bulk head while your at it. BD does offer this also. But can save money doing it yourself. Will need to get longer bolts, and higher grade Bolts. as kid stated.
You get the front end taken care of, you have a big chunk of the Yerfdog's issues taken care of.
BMI is a good place for parts as well. Just keep an eye on thier shipping and handling. Some items get jacked up alot when that is added into it. Clink on check out, and put in your zip code to see what S&H will be. Then compare prices. Alot of their items are on Ebay or Amazon. And can get it cheaper go through that way, because the S&H is cheaper for some reason. (not sure why that is)