View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Heavy Contributor

Interesting. I think I am using the spacers you are talking about. Here is a pic of them. Are these the same kind you was using?
I cant say I've had any issues with them. They seem to be holding up fine. They came with the front end lift kit I got from BD. Maybe they are better made now?
However, the tie rod ends... Well that something else. I just got the kit earlier this year, and the tie rod ends. Or say the boots covering the bearings are pretty trashed.
Pretty sure I will replace them, come next season. Just don't look like they held up to well. But think they only cost $6.00 each, so no mayjor issue. Don't know of any Heavy Duty tie rod ends for the YD. That I know of.

On side note: you are right, you do need the Heavy Bearing for the Heavy A-arms. But there is not much room left on top of the threads after placing the Nut. The threaded bolt does not go all the way through the Nylon nut, as it should. Been few times, I've caught it being lose. So started using Lock tight at those locations. Seemed to help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front end.jpg (97.9 KB, 14 views)