View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Heavy Contributor

Wow! That thing had some issues..lol
Luckily, the parts for these buggies are pretty cheap.BUT, since you mentioned you had more time than money. Maybe consider adjusting the valves, cleaning the fuel system, and freeing up those rings?

I only suggest this because it's all free. For just the test, I would even consider reusing the base and head gasket after spraying them with some ''copper spray a gasket'' If you're careful taking the carb apart to clean, you can likely get away with not needing any parts or gaskets for that too. Who knows, it might actually run pretty good with just those fixes.

If the gouges aren't too bad, and it has good compression after adjusting the valves and freeing up the rings, get the rollers for the clutch and you're good to go. If I remember correctly, the rollers are under 20 bucks.

If it doesn't run good after that, consider it a test run for working on that motor. Hopefully you wont find more things that need attention that would make it not worth fixing. I/E cam, valve seats, valves, valve springs, valve guides, warped head ect ect ect.

Last edited by liduno; 12-07-2018 at 08:12 AM.