View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 06:40 PM

Believe me, I measured about 18 times before pulling the trigger on the welder for the mount, I was having some trouble with the inner heims not being at the same angles on both sides, but after removing the bellows, I came up with a simple solution of putting 3/8" flat washers between the rack gear and the outer bellows clamp spacer, and now they are perfectly vertical waiting on the clevis's I'm going to make once the outer heims arrive. I did have to make some modifications to the steering column to fit around the now welded in roll cage.

I checked with my local Fastenal, and turns out they can get me aluminum fasteners in all different sizes, so I will load up on some bolts for the inner and outer rod ends, I figure that would be easier than breaking heims, although I made sure to used the same heims for both the inner and outer tie rods.

On a separate note, I was able to machine down some scrap 530 sprockets using the brake lathe at the shop, its a slow process, but effective.

Also, I need clarification on polish rally, I am assuming turns only one direction??

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 05-18-2013 at 06:43 PM.