View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Contributor

I got this PM from pud, on BN last night. This makes a lot of sense to me as well. Might be something you wanna investigate:

"kliff i read the problem a couple days ago of what xlint89 is going through with carb,i figured some one would have mentioned this but hasn't
i have been goning through this with lawnower and weedeater
its the dam ethanol in the gas trying to break down it will
bubble pressure up and look water you have boiling on the stove
i run stablizer in my gas all the time any more seem to help
with the heat it makes it worse with the bubbling and pressuring up. my vent caps work but couple weeks ago ran weeder about 10 minutes at most stop to put new string on it figure i would go head and just fill it back up, engine was hot and than setting in sun opened cap blew gas all over me and it looked liike water boiling on stove what was left in tank. while pouring fresh gas in out of can in shade i notice it quit bubbling
have had the same thing happen with mower running pressure force the float open brand new mower vent cap working
gas was actually shooting out the carb 3 feet tank was squealing like a pig

there was a kid burnt here last year with a mower no one will own up to it but i know what happen my new mower about caught fire,close any way
i have been watching the tank you will see bubbles starting to come

i never registered over at bm but i have a feeling thats whats going on .i wonder how close the carb is setting to engine

just my thoughts
pud"

Help coming at ya from all over xlint...