View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDKID View Post
With the new riding season upon us lets take some time to consider the safety measures we should always exercise while enjoying our hobby . Newbies' especially . Your roll cage is not a roll cage , it's a brush guard and will hurt you if you or your passenger are not properly belted down . Train yourself to tuck and roll in the event of a roll over , first instinct is to reach out , DON'T DO IT ! Always wear a helmet no matter what ! NO EXCEPTIONS ! Always maintain your seatbelts so they adjust and latch properly . Happens all the time " rider gets in has trouble with belt and off they go without " or belts are missing from being dragged around ( you know who you are ) If their junk buy new ones ! Always wear a seatbelt ! NO EXCEPTIONS ! Always have a working kill switch and practice use for emergency / panic situation's . Keep your seat adjuster maintained and working , happens all the time kid or shorter person wants to drive and seat doesn't move and they can't reach the brake pedal - only thinking about the gas pedal . But most importantly ENJOY , HAVE FUN , AND BE SAFE !!!
Great info, and before every ride for the first 3 weeks I, as the dad and responsible adult, told my kids and their friends:
-Helmet proper tightened, show me pull up/side side (no helmet = no ride)
-Seat belt properly on and snug? Show me, lean forward
-If the cart rolls, driver keep holding the steering wheel, passenger keep holding the T-bar in front of you. If you don't and put your arms out they WILL GET BROKEN.
(new riders get same lecture and check-in of course)

Now, with that said, one should also say:

In the event the cart does roll / get into a accident riders in the go-kart:
-Once accident event stops immediately turn off the cart
-If both you and passenger are not really hurt-hurt, then exit the go-kart.
Note: Only don't exit the cart if you have possible head/spine injuries, yell/scream for help
-Your life is much more precious than the go-kart, it can be fixed