View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Lite Contributor

X-Bird: all the brake lines appear fine, no leaks anywhere in the entire system. I made the trip to the big city and bought the vacuum bleed tool/system. It creates a vacuum but won't pull any fluid from the left front bleeder fitting. I tried it with the bleeder closed to build up vacuum, per instructions, then cracked the fitting = no results. I also tried it with the fitting cracked open, with no results. It is becoming more probable that something is blocked in the master cylinder.

Metalstudman1: I understand what you're suggesting, but not sure of the vac, lid, jar, hose, bleeder set up.
I do plan to trying to blow out some areas; to try the other suggestion, crack open a bleeder fitting, detach that brake line at the Master (?) and blow air back through the line toward the bleeder? Blowing air into the brake light sending unit will affect the piston on that side? Or the ball bearing valve? Or both?
Thank you gentlemen for your help; I really would like to stop this thing once I get 'er done.