Thread: Mods installed
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Contributor

Just to be clear, when you moved the clip, you moved it down towards the needle point itself. right? If that is correct, then you ended up with a rich surge. The problem with jetting advise over the internet, is not being there in person. You can get a lean surge (running out of fuel), or a rich surge (too much fuel) and without being there, it is hard to find out which is which.

I personally hate CV carbs, I know why they use them, but jetting one is far more difficult then a carb with just a slide or butterflies.

2Slick, what type of elevation and temperature are you running at? My motor is a 170 BBK, versus your 155. I am also running the A12 cam (that I got from Tom), and my engine runs spotless from 0 feet (where I live) to the high desert (3500 feet) where it is run most of the time. My temperature readings vary from 80 degrees to the 30s (Christmas in the dessert) .

If you would like, I can pull off my carb and see what jets I am running. I have a jet chart for all of my dirt bikes, plus all 3 of my VWs with dual Webers, but I never made one for my buggy, let me know.

Jetting is part science and part art. It is actually becoming a lost art with the introduction of FI. Even in the VW crowd, most people just throw a wideband AF meter at it, and go from there.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.