View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 07:02 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan10101 View Post
I think you mean something like this for additional gear reduction.

http://www.wiseguyscustoms.com/image...IN%20PLACE.JPG

That's a great idea, I'm going to have to give it some consideration how it could be incorporated once the gearbox gives out. Save me from having a wonking big gear on the axle shaft.
Yup, with that shaft you can put a smaller sprocket on the drive side and a larger one on the driven side. If you decided not to use the FNR box a jack shaft would probably be a waste, just use the wonking big sprocket..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan10101 View Post
We made a little progress today. My Son came over and playing with all the fail safes we got the thing to crank over. Sounds healthy, now we have to figure out what's keeping it from adding spark.
Oh and the oil is pumping. In our case all over the ground from a loose connection to the oil cooler. I actually saw that as a good thing..

Oh and I found a 15 tooth sprocket in the box of parts.
I had a 12 or a 13 on my 636 stuntbike so you can get small sprockets for the motor. I got all my engine sprockets from phil at motoheaven.

As far as getting spark, check for a tip over/bank angle switch.
It has to be in the upright position or the bike wont run, It'll have an arrow on it that faces up. Depending on the type you can usually put it in the upright position and fill it with rtv silicone, that will keep it from shutting off the engine.

Neutral safety switch will keep it from turning over if it's in gear and the clutch switch isn't activated.

Kickstand switch will also keep it from running if it's in gear and the clutch switch isn't activated.

Bypassing the clutch switch and the kickstand switch is usually as simple as connecting the two clutch switch wires together. Some people will ground the neutral safety switch, but that makes the neutral light on your gauges stay on all the time.

Last edited by liduno; 03-10-2015 at 07:10 AM.