View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Lite Contributor

I guess I'm due for an update.
I've pretty much decided that once it's on the road and seems to work ok, I'm going to move the clutch down to the floor where it should be. But, I kinda want to make sure this all will even work before I go that far.

I rebuilt one half shaft. Everything looked good inside. The other side looks newer and for now I'll leave it alone. (budget is everything.)

I took the front ball joints and tie rod ends apart. The rubber boots were all ripped. They were all good and tight so I cleaned and greased them and put on some new boots.

I also built some crappy headers, not tuned, not paired with the right cylinders, but they should work, even if it does cost me some top end. I won't be spending much time at high rpm anyway so I do really care. I wrapped them in header wrap, and I'll be building a firewall to keep the heat off the seats which are still real close to the pipes. I tried out a couple old mufflers that my son had laying around. I'm thinking I want to keep it quiet so I can ride around the house more often.

I need to build the roll cage so I can figure out where the gas tank will mount, and then where I can put the muffler.

I installed 3" lap and shoulder belts from my sports car. They are out of date for track use and still like new so it's a good place for them.

I changed the oil, it's still smoking a bit, I may have to dig into the engine after it's all sorted out.

Still trying to figure out the FNR oiling. (see previous post)

I realized that I didn't get brake lights with the buggy. It's off road only, but I think headlights and brake lights are minimum.