View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 08:51 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwoods_az View Post
Dan, I know this is almost 5 years ago, but any chance you are still around? Believe it or not, i just picked up the exact same cart (in worse starting shape). Finished stripping it down, mine also minus the engine and CVT, so same rear end config as yours, just the FNR gearbox. I have a question. On my FNR, the input shaft just pulled right out. Was planning on taking it apart anyway to check wear and clean out the old fluid, but obviously this made it mandatory as the internal gears just dropped off. Wear was pretty much zero, everything fits up good. Nobody lubes it in a long time. But I cannot figure out how that input shaft is kept in place. Was thinking I would need something rigged up externally to hold it in. Did you ever have yours apart or run into this issue?
Sorry, I never had it apart. Mine was locked in and worked great. They did weld a flange on the input shaft, but that's about all I know about it.

There are a few parts places for these buggies online. And I remember the whole unit wasn't real expensive, so I didn't feel bad thrashing on it pretty regularly. good luck with your build. I've moved on to a Jeep XJ build which has been a lot of fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_4786 edit.jpg (100.0 KB, 3 views)