View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 05:24 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Sweet

Yota ,nice calculations and fabrications , I can see the love in your work , ------- I think you will be very happy with the output of that ATC200 , I had a 1982 Honda 200 three wheeler and it was very fast @55mph , and when in lower gear it has a lot of power -------- there were a few different variations of that engine , some had electric start and some didn't , one had a reverse shifter built into the right side the engine right in front the chain sprocket , maybe that is something that can be swopped , some had reverse and no lever on case , I seen a pic of a complete 200 ATC on Gulfport Mississippi Craigs list last week for $85 -------------- I do believe the engine I am using in my build is the same engine with a few mods to the tranny ,it is the 1986 Honda TRX200SX , it has reverse , pull and electric start and a semi auto 5 forward with S/L ( super low 1st gear ) and this ATV engine will do 55 as a ATV I know cause I rode it before using it and have another ATV just like it running now -------- I hang out on the Hondaatvforums and I 'd bet those guys could tell you a lot about the starter swop over and the charging system , I would think if there is no battery then it could be ac and not dc , maybe take a look at the headlight bulbs markings , I just found this thread and started reading , it is going to take a few reads to get thru all of it , you may be way ahead of where I am reading