View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Supporting Vendor

130psi on non seated rings sounds about normal, I would put it back together and retry since there doesn't look to be a problem with the components. As I said you will need at least 5 hours of breakin time to seat the rings. I just run the strait 30 non detergent oil during breakin, or you can spend the extra money to run actual breakin oil. Running regular oil will extend the breakin time and especially synthetic. The non detergent does not have the slickers added as in reg. oil which lets the rings seat quicker. You could have had a problem elsewhere causing it to run poorly. 90psi with a slightly cracked throttle sounds very good to me. I would think you should be at or over 150 with throttle wide open. Make sure your fuel is good for that will cause many problems. In fact go to <pure-gas .org > and they will tell you which fuel stations have the ethanol free gas. I would run this fuel and eliminate the many problems associated with ethanol blended fuels. When you get on the site scroll to the bottom and click on your 2 letter state abv.. Thiss will take you to another page listing in alfabetacle order by city/community complete with name and address of station as well as all grades carried.