View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 11:44 PM
Contributor

I hear you lol.

Get started in to one thing and find something else that leads to another issue lol. Story of my life.

I have looked over all of the frame and bearings everything looks good. Nice and tight and the fittings all took grease properly.

So as far as the painting goes I shouldn't run into any problems there.
Most of the factory red paint is still on the buggy the PO just went over it with a rattle can in black. Far as I can tell they didn't even sand the factory paint first. From poking around and inspecting for rust the only place I have found any was under where the original twister stickers were on the sides. The PO painted over them too lol.
Not going to go nuts with the painting I have a big pot sand blaster and a home made paint booth so stripping it down to bare metal and addressing the few very small rust spots wont be hard.
That coupled with an ok HVLP paint sprayer and I can get her done up.

Good automotive grade primer, 3 coat base automotive grade paint with a good 2k clear coat for sun protection and she should be good to roll. Got to have the clear coat here in AZ or the sun will wreak paint fast.

Powder coating and or bed liner would be nice but is cost prohibitive for me right now.

She isn't going to win any beauty contests but she will look presentable again.