Thread: lighting help
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartco newb View Post
i have a kartco 605s with a tecumseh 6.5 pull start, im looking to add some led headlights for some night driving, i ordered a charge stator with two wire coming off, do i need anything else to supply power to the lights? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Adam
Always nice to have a backup 12v battery charger (assuming you're using a battery) in case the stator isn't enough or defective... If your lights are high draw, an inline fuse is probably a good idea, but LEDs are pretty low draw in general. I'd suggest eBay for some decent led lights and cheap cheap fuses/wire. A toggle switch is always a good idea, and you can get some nifty little switch covers cheap!

Also, when getting lights and such on eBay, always find an auction (with free shipping of course). I've seen that most auctions seem to end about 40-70% cheaper than the B.I.N options venders give.

Example for lights

Example for fuses

Example for switches

Nifty little covers

The stator should be fine to power lights, but for a more steadfast source, check out getting a cheap little 12v battery In this case, 5ah would probably be plenty, but always better to have more aH storage!
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!